Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cleanliness is Importantness

The Big Boy and Tiny Girl Shower Story:

This is a story about children and their childish ways.  It's about innocence.  So...don't freak out when I tell you.

My children had been playing in the rain and the dirt and they were dirty.  They wanted to get in Aunt Kelly and Uncle Eric's "hot pool"  (hot tub) so I told them we'd have to have a shower first to get clean.

I got into the shower with my two and told them they could help me clean their shoes (which were filthy).  I gave my son a bar of soap and he became very focused cleaning the bottom of one of his shoes...that is, until he discovered his penis.

He decided he needed to put soap on his penis.  He put a lot of soap on his penis.   He noticed his sister didn't have a penis.   She wondered where her penis was (I told her she had a vagina).   My son told his sister he would put soap on her vagina for her.   I gave his sister a second bar of soap.

There was a reasonable amount of time in which soap was rubbed on genitals and then I said, "okay kids, let's get the soap off so we can go to the hot pool!"   They did, and we went to the hot tub and that was all there was to it.

It was funny from an adult, mature, perspective.  To the children, it was just another day of childhood exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment