Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Cardboard Box Attraction

You've heard about it and you may have even experienced it--when a child likes the cardboard box more than the item inside the box.   It happened to us today.

The item inside wasn't a child thing, but the size of the book was the exciting part because it would just fit one of my children in a crouching position.   They would get in the box, dump the other one out of the box, pan to go on a space adventure in the box and try to hide from us in the box.

My husband took them via "air mail" from one room to the other.  When it was time to blow dry my daughter's hair, I found it far easier to do so while she pretended to be hiding in the box as opposed to reasoning with her in any other way.

Before we went to dinner, I looked over to my sister-in-law and said "don't throw away that box."  She agreed, it was far better to keep it around for entertainment purposes with the children.

The Big Boy Update:  My son and I were giving each other high fives today.   One time, we missed entirely and I whacked him in the forehead.  I said, "I'm sorry, I hit you in the face."  He said, "that's okay, I wanted a 'high head.'"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "There's a cat in there."  We've been going out to my brother- and sister-in-law's Kona Ice truck each day to enjoy some a frozen dessert.  My children love the Kona truck.   Every time we go outside, my daughter looks in this very dark window area that's under the house and every time she proclaims, "there's a cat in there."  The first two times I went to look, worried there was an actual cat stuck under their house.  I don't know what's she sees, but she thinks it's a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment