Sunday, July 21, 2013

Vacation is Tiring

Why am I tired?  This is strange.  I'm on vacation and therefore I have far less to do than I would in a normal day at home.  I still have two children, but my husband is here and he has much less to do than he normally would at home working, so he's helping like he always does.  We also have relatives who are having fun playing with our children and they're giving me more free time to "relax" as it were.  And yet I find myself feeling lazy for no good reason.

Is it purely because I don't have forty-three things that simply must get accomplished before bed time, that my brain tells my body to just, "slow on down, we're on 'Island Time?'"  I'm not feeling ill.  I'm very comfortable at my relatives.  I love spending time here every year. I don't have anything giving me undue stress in my life right now either.  Perhaps it is the lack of pressing things to do that's acting as a soporific and making me feel so lackadaisical.

Have I exercised one bit since I arrived?  No.  I'm planning to run tomorrow morning, we'll see if that pans out.

I suppose it is vacation and as such maybe one week off from my "busy as a beaver in flood season" normal routing won't be too terrible a thing.

The Big Boy Update:  Impromptu singing.  Today in the car he was singing a song with a random tune and beat and saying, for lyrics, whatever came to mind.  It went on for so long and was so funny that I was able to catch some of it on video and upload it for others to see (and laugh with us).

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Guitar Star.  I lost her after she had a shower today as I was cleaning things up and figured she would just play with some toys.  I did find her around in the office.  She was singing, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star while strumming Uncle Eric's guitar.  She was doing a pretty good job of playing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment