Friday, July 19, 2013

The Stomach Anomaly

Let's start this post off first by saying I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea to write a blog post (among other things that typically wake me up during the darkest hours of the night).  I pulled up my iPad and sent an email to myself to write a post about the strangeness with my stomach.  Then I checked my email to find a blog post from my sister-in-law on...stomach troubles.  What a coincidence.

The thing about my stomach troubles is that they're gone.  And I blame the babies.  Let's roll back in time though to before I was pregnant.  At that point and for as long as I can remember in my adult life, I didn't like pressure on my stomach region.  If I was lying down on my back, anything with even light pressure, such as my hands laying on my stomach, would be uncomfortable.  I don't know why it was so, but so it was.

When I was pregnant things rearranged in the middle regions and whatever was bothering me in that area had other troubles to contend with.  There were baby bits to rest my hands on while lying on my back (when that was possible) and the uncomfortable feeling was gone.

Before I had really recovered from that first baby, there was a second one on the way.  After that baby there was retraction and reduction ongoing in the mid-section of my body with exercise and through the natural recovery of post-pregnancy. 

It had been so long that I completely forgot about that eerie, uncomfortable stomach sensation until last night, when I realized it had been gone and hadn't come back.  Was it some tightness in muscles or fascia or fat?  Can fat be tight? 

I don't know what it was, but I'm glad it's gone.  Thanks, kids.

The Big Boy Update:  Laundry mess.  This morning I was getting the children in the car one by one to go to camp.  I got her in and came back to a full mess in the bedroom.  He had dumped the basket of laundry off the bed and sent it flying in all directions.  But he had taken his shoes and sock off before getting on the bed, as he is expected to do, so I couldn't be too mad at him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Hair here and there.  Her hair is all different lengths.  She has some new hair that started growing as her head got larger and some that's been growing for a long time.  She's  a messy head right now, but I don't want it cut.  Anyone who's tried to grow out hair before knows you have to suffer through the bad hair stage to get to alonger length.

Fitness Update:  Last day in the gym before a week of vacation.  He worked us so hard I got blisters on my elbows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment