Monday, July 22, 2013

Kona Kool

Did I mention how exciting it is to be visiting my brother and sister-in-law's house?  Did I go on about how much fun it is to see them and catch up as well as relax for a full week at their beach home each summer?  I know, I already mentioned all of that.  But did I mention they have a Kona Ice truck in their driveway?

I know, cool, right?  Of all the things I love, frozen desserts rank very highly on my "love list".  And given that, it is such a delight to have your own personal frozen treat machine sitting outside the house you're staying at, ready for action day or night.

So far this week, I've spent lots of time helping my children make small flavored ice cups.  My son is at an age where he will ask for specific flavors (when prompted).  I'm not sure he really prefers one flavor over the other, but he can request something if given a choice.

My daughter has a far greater love of eating ice in general and this whole option to have the ice both flavored and consumable with a spoon can hold her attention for long periods of time.  She is even saying, "I want kona" now and we've only been here three days.

I hope this flavored sugar water is low cal.  It is, right?

The Big Boy Update:  Hawaiian shirt.  I got him a Hawaiian shirt for our trip to the beach.  He hadn't seen it until today, but he absolutely loves it.  He didn't want to take it off to go to the beach and he most definitely didn't want to take it off to go to bed.  And he looked good in it too.  I might have to find another one at the used clothing store before they change over to fall clothes.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Pacifier put up means I not need nap, momma.  My daughter knows where her pacifier is kept when she's not napping or sleeping.  She is only allowed to have it when she's in bed.  So, if she doesn't want to nap, she gets out of the bed and puts the pacifier up so that she can come join us. This is excellent communication, but I would really like it if she would nap.

Fitness Update:  Blasted shin splints.  I was hoping they wouldn't bother me on the flat ground here at the beach, but from a half mile to three miles there it was, uncomfortable like a cramp that magically goes away when you add more distance and time.  I only ran five miles today, but I did a half-hour workout with some weights my nephew had for upper body that was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment