Thursday, July 25, 2013

Teen Beach Movie

You may know that we host movie night at our home most Friday nights.  You might also know that I rarely watch a movie with our friends.  I sometimes catch a bit of the movie playing in the "kids room" as I prepare my children for bed, but that's it.

It's not that I don't like movies, I do.  Sometimes there's a movie I really want to see, but I just don't want to take the time to watch it.  I would like to "have seen" movies, but I'm not willing to invest the time to actually watch the movie.

It's mostly because at the end of the day, the one thing I want to do is get into bed and fall asleep doing something on my iPad (which could be watching a movie, but again, almost never is.)  That, and by the time it's time to watch a movie after the children are asleep, it's too late to start watching and still get enough sleep to get up early and meet my neighbor for our exercise of the morning.

So, when I tell you that this week on vacation I've watched a movie not only once, but twice, I bet you won't believe me.  When I tell you it was a Disney movie targeted at early teens, you might be wondering if I've lost it.  But when you hear that I'm in a household with teenagers who like to watch Disney movies and shows and that I was in the same room while they watched this movie, you might begin to understand.

And yet here's the thing:  I liked this movie.  It was cute in the way teen movies are, but it was also very well done, just like Disney is known for.  Did I like the movie?  I did.  The actors even at their young age are very good at acting, singing and dancing.

Would I watch the movie a third time?  If I stayed up here on vacation any longer, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a third showing.  As it is, I'm leaving tomorrow to head home.

The Big Boy Update:  We went out on the boat this afternoon.  My son decided first that he was the captain.  Upon being told that his Uncle Eric was the captain, he decided he would "blow all this wind away" so that we could have a more comfortable boat ride.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Repeater.  She will repeat words you say fairly regularly now.  We got her a little baby that says a few different things when you squeeze it's tummy.  She will squeeze it and then repeat what it says and her little voice sounds like a fair comparison it's so tiny and high.

No comments:

Post a Comment