Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Death By Sweat

It has been so hot.  So very humid and, well, okay it's not that hot yet.  I fear the hottest of the hot days are yet to come, but it's been hot enough.  It's in large part due to the humidity that it feels even more hot than it truly is.  But this post is about sweat.

Running is a real bear right now, but taking the summer off isn't an option.  It's time to pre-hydrate and drink most of the time you're running.  And if you even think you're going to be working on speed in this type of weather, you'd better think again, because it's not happening.

I have not had so many unpleasant running experiences as I have in the past month.  Today I got some more advice from an associate at the running store.  I'm stocking up on all sorts of things that will help me stay hydrated and yet still be able to train through the summer.  Because there's no stopping the sweat once you get your heart rate up in this weather.

The Big Boy Update:  "daddy" = "I don't know".  It took me a while to figure this out, but it is always true and it can be very funny.  If my son doesn't know the answer to something, he will tell you, "daddy."  For example, "what did you eat for lunch?"  "Daddy."  Or, "what do you want to do this afternoon?"  "Daddy."  If you're around my son any time in the near future, I suggest you try asking him a question you know he won't know the answer to.  I have money on what his answer will be.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "K K K K K K K"  Imagine that to the tune of the ABC's song and you get an idea of what my daughter decided the letter of the day was today.

Fitness Update:  Fitness room for some weights work after the children went to sleep last night and some circuit work with our trainer this morning.  Then, a big breakfast.  Nice.

Someone Once Said:  When dealing with children there is greater need for observing than of probing.

No comments:

Post a Comment