Saturday, July 13, 2013

From The Desk of:

When I was young, there was this fad that seemed to go around for a while that you needed to have your own notepads.  Maybe it was in my town or maybe the whole thing was engineered by my mother (who is good at organizing things).  I remember getting my personal note pads with my name on them and being so excited that there was not only papers printed up with my name, but that those papers were stuck together into a notepad.

I think I was fairly young, probably under ten, definitely not older than fourteen when I had these magical note pads made up for me by the printing group at the college where my mother worked.    I loved that area of the college, so many exciting things happened there with paper.

With my notepads,I would write all sorts of things to people.  I would draw on them.  I would make paper airplanes out of them and other origami models.  I loved my notepads.

I came across a note yesterday on that same type of stationary.  It was a, "from the desk of" piece of paper and it was the right size, one quarter of am 8.5" x 11" paper.  It was a hand-written note from a friend of my father's and for some reason I had put it in an old game or card box and left it there for decades.

I'm not altogether sure what it came out of as my son discovered it in his opening of several things.  It's yellowed and old and does have a date, only not the year.  But I do remember this friend of my father's, even if I don't remember this specific note.



I still have a little bit of my note pads left in a storage box somewhere that I saved for posterity.  I should go see what else is in that memorabilia box after all these years.

The Big Boy Update:  "Momma, I stepped in poop."  Oh dear, yes, he did.  There was a bit of time he had on pants, but no underpants and that poop just fell right out of the pants leg...onto the oriental rug...and then he stepped in it.  He told me as he came across the house trying to hold up his leg.  I did lots of cleaning first him, and then the oriental rug with the carpet cleaner spot bot tool with water, sucking out everything I could.  I'm so glad he told me.  Also, eww.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The torrent of words.  She is getting words so quickly and putting them into sentences that she's transforming every week into a new little girl.  People who haven't seen her in even a short while can tell the difference in her communication.

Fitness Update:  Nine miles starting at 5:30AM with Uncle Jonathan.  When you're done with a long run at 7:15 in the morning, it almost seems like it didn't happen.  I went to the gym for twenty-five minutes of upper body work to round off the day while I had a sitter helping with the children.

Someone Once Said:  Sensitive and sensible are complimentary traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment