Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Forgotten Tailor

You've heard me complain about what I've been calling, "spray-on pants" season.  I've gone on about trying to find pants that fit now that I've lost the pregnancy weight and you might remember that I gave up all hopes to find something that fit and I resigned myself to wearing skirts and boots all winter.

But I like jeans.  I had four pair that I could wear, but I had to wear them with a belt and when it was tight enough to keep them up, the jeans would be buckled.  It was like the "baconing t-shirt" commercial, only at the waist.  These pants fit well everywhere else, but just not the waist.

Then, only a few short days ago, I realized I had the solution all along.  I had four pair of jeans I really liked.  I didn't need to go buy more jeans that fit.  I just needed to get my current jeans fitted.  "Wait a minute, I bet a tailor can help me reclaim my wardrobe!" I thought.

Yesterday, I got the jeans back from being tailored and tried them on.  Wow, huge difference.  Big comfortable.  I was so excited I tried all four pair on for my husband.  I modeled them...and he didn't laugh at me.  He didn't laugh, even though I was modelling jeans he'd been seeing me wear for years.  Jeans that looked no different to him or anyone else.

I should remember the tailor more often.  Recently I had a skirt tailored that fit poorly, but was otherwise a great piece.  Now I'll probably wear the skirt as opposed to sitting in my closet for five years using up hanger space.

The Big Boy Update:  "Where's Coco?  Where's Kyle?"  He's been asking where people are a lot lately.  He likes to ask about his grandparents and if they'll be coming over soon.  Yesterday he asked about Coco and Kyle, his cousins.  He hasn't seen them for a few weeks.  It looks like he misses them.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Finger taster.  When you feed her, if any food doesn't make it quite into her mouth, she pushes it in with her fingers.  And then she makes sure her fingers taste okay.  All the time.

Someone Once Said:  Analogy is even slipperier than logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment