Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Blog and Chain

I really love writing this blog.  But it can feel like unwanted pressure some days.  I committed to myself at the start that I was going to write something every day, regardless of what was going on in my life, about me and my children.

And for the most part, I'm glad I made that daily commitment.  It would be too easy to say, "I don't feel like writing anything today."  I could see it becoming something I could easily talk myself into regularly if I was too tired or too busy or just too lazy to write a blog post.  So, for the most part, the expectation that I will post every day is a good thing.  But it does feel like a bit of a blog and chain some days.

For nine out of ten days, I look forward to coming down to the computer to take a break from everything else in my life and write up what's happening with the children and what's been going through my head of late.  But on that tenth day, I have to find the motivation to sit down and say something.  Some weeks are better than others.  Sometimes, I wish I had enough time to write three posts in a single day, because I've got more to say than will fit into one blog post.

So far, I've only missed posting one day, and I corrected it so early the next morning I don't think anyone noticed.  It's good to have commitments to yourself.

The Big Boy Update:  Little Sneaky One.  My husband says he understands the art of sneaking now.  Last night, daddy was lying on the floor in the children's room, ready to administer corporal punishment to any non-sleeping children when he noticed my son trying to carefully and quietly sneak out of the crib.  He knew just what he was doing.  He was hoping daddy was asleep and he wouldn't get caught.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Thank you.  She likes to tell you thank you when you give her things.  Did I mention how cute she was?

Someone Once Said:  He did not expect reasonable conduct from human beings; most people were candidates for protective restraint.

Editor's Update:  How strange given the topic of this post, that I would walk away from the computer and forget to press the publish button.  I sit down today to find yesterday's post in Draft form.  It looks like today will have two posts back to back.  Yesterday, I'm sorry for missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment