Saturday, March 17, 2012

Turning Over a New Leaf

With this diet, sometimes I just want to eat anything, “Down the hatch” I like to say. I sit wide awake at night, wondering how I’m going to lose the weight. The next morning I look at the calendar, realize how long I’ve been on the diet and think how the time has flown and how I’m not where I could be with this diet.

I want to be more on the ball. I don’t want to throw in the towel yet and give up on the diet— especially when my husband is willing to cook great, low-calorie healthy meals. That would be like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

But it’s a tall order to keep up a diet week after week (and I’m only into the fourth week.) I realize I decided to go old school, forgoing any fancy diet, and diet based on caloric intake alone. That type of dieting is right up my alley. But now I’m thinking I should look into alternatives, something may strike my fancy.

So, tomorrow I’m going to turn over a new leaf. I’m going to try not to go bananas with some crazy diet, but I’m going to call it a day for today and start clean tomorrow.

The Big Boy Update:  Backing into the corner.  I'd heard about a friend's child doing this, but it wasn't until yesterday that I caught my son doing it.  He came out of the toy closet and backed into an empty corner and was apparently looking off at nothing interesting.  While I was trying to figure out why he was there, I saw him squat a little bit and get red in the face.  Ah ha.  He was taking a potty break.  When I realized what he was doing, I couldn't stop laughing.  He didn't notice me, finished, and went back to play with his toys.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  What a grip.  She likes holding on to things.  Once she's got a good grasp, she doesn't let go.  She likes things that rattle, crinkle and jangle.  I have some connected bangle metal bracelets I found that are all kinds of fun.  Today I got pictures of her holding on to something in each hand, looking back and forth trying to figure them out at the same time.

Right-size Countdown:  11.3 pounds to go

No comments:

Post a Comment