Monday, March 19, 2012

Oh No, I Didn't

Oh yes, I did.  I said I wasn't going to, but I tried to see if I could put on pants from before the babies.  I said I was going to wait until I was at least the weight I was before I got pregnant with my son.  I should have listened to myself. 

Did they fit?  The first pair I tried on did, but barely.  The second pair, not so much.  I was nine pounds over my target weight when I got pregnant, so I'm not overly surprised they were too tight in multiple places.  It turned into a good thing though.  I realized that while I've made it half-way, I still have the other half to go.

It also helped me realize that even though I look thinner in the mirror, it's only from some angles.  I turned sideways last night before getting into the tub and I can see where lots of the weight still is, slam in the middle of the baby growing area.  So I'm still committed.  Good.  Whew.  No time for slacking.

Speaking of the tub, last night the strangest thing happened.  Just as I was getting in, the dog ran up and stood on the edge of the rim.  She does this when my son gets in, he has squeaky toys she goes nuts for when he's having a bath.  I explained he wasn't here.  She didn't budge.  I reached over the edge to pick her up, and she didn't scatter like she normally does.  Did she want a bath?!

She''s never asked for a bath.  Wow.  I run a very hot tub so I cooled it down and she waited.  She got in, let me wash her and then got a blow dry with the hair dryer.   I guess she got tired of having good dropped on her head from the high-chair above and wanted to get clean.

The Big Boy Update: We have some great hand-me-down clothes from our friend's son, Gavin.  My son is just starting to be able to wear some of them.  He's sported overall shorts the last two days and looked adorable.  If only he'd not fall down so much for a week, he'd have a little less bruised legs to show off.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Loves you.  She just loves you.  I never expected her to be so smiley.  She smiles when you talk to her.  She smiles when you pick her up.  She smiles when you take her clothes off.  She even smiles at you when she's got a bottle in her mouth.  She is one happy baby.

Right-size Countdown:  9.9 pounds to go (Week four weigh-in and I'm half-way there)

No comments:

Post a Comment