Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Forgiving

I work at being forgiving.  I work hard at it.  And by that, I don't mean forgiving someone for spilling hot coffee on me or doing me some perceived injustice.  I mean tolerant.

We're all different.  We all do things differently.  We all have our preferences and dislikes.  We all think different things.  Sometimes those differences intrude on your world in a way you don't feel comfortable.   It could be something as simple as how people change a diaper differently, or as big as political views.  I really don't mind differences, some just are more intrusive than others.

I do a lot of observing of other people's behavior.  Some people are much more tolerant of others.  Some people just don't seem to care.  And then there are the people who just can't seem to get along with people because they're so very intolerant.  I really want to be one the type of person who cares about other people and respects their differences.

I'm fairly certain I don't succeed at that.  It depends entirely on the closeness of the person to me.  Someone I hardly know, it's never an issue.  But the people closest to me I need to work harder on being more tolerant, more forgiving or their preferences or ways of doing things.

I will keep working on this and hopefully I'll be the kind of person I want to be one day.  I've always believed if you're not trying to improve yourself, you have given up on yourself.  

The Big Boy Update:  He bumped his head last night and got a scrape when he went down the back stairs outside my parents house.  My mother, it seems now, almost sacrificed herself to make sure he didn't get hurt.  She looked a bit stunned, but said nothing was wrong.  Today, his little scrape is healing while she had hip and wrist x-rays taken.  She's bruised up but doesn't appear to have any breaks.  Her doctor said that babies his age are made of rubber while people my mother's age aren't so lucky when it comes to falls.  My mother is always the kindest person.  I hope she recovers quickly.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Four month checkup.  She's gone from the 10th percentile to the 50th percentile in measurements.  In the last two months, she's grown three inches in length and her weight is doing well as well.  We're starting her on rice cereal tomorrow as a regular thing.  She gets to practice eating in addition to drinking now. 

Right-size Countdown:  13.2 pounds to go (Going a bit backwards for some inexplicable reason.  I'm eating less than I burn daily.  Hopefully this will settle out in the next few days.  I haven't slid backwards or given in to food.  This will work itself out soon, I'm sure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment