Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sausage Biscuit Shoulder Wrap

Never heard of one?  Thinking you might want one?  I suppose that all depends on your like or dislike of sausage biscuits.

My mother-in-law gave me a microwaveable, rice-filled, shoulder wrap thing a few years ago.  When your neck, shoulders or upper back are bothering you, or even if you're just cold, you can pop it into the microwave for a few minutes and it comes out all nice and warm. 

I love it.  But I lost it in the move to a box in the attic for a while.  My husband found it for me a week ago and I've been using it recently as my neck and back have been bothering me.  But I forgot about the smell.

I'm sure it's suppose to smell like lavender or patchouli or vanilla or something nice.  Instead, it smells like sausage biscuits.  At some point there must have been a sausage biscuit microwaved that left some grease on the microwave floor.  I must have then microwaved the shoulder wrap right shortly thereafter and the cloth soaked up the grease. 

Now you'd think it would smell terrible some two years later, but if you like sausage biscuits, this is the essence of that smell.  It's not rancid or off in any way.  It makes you want to look around for who's eating a sausage biscuit in the room.  It must be a pretty strong essence to have survived this long. 

I think I'd buy a "breakfast candle" made of this scent because it just smells like southern home cooking to me.  Now if only sausage biscuits were on my diet plan.  Alas.

The Big Boy Update:  Door.  Door.  He knows the word for door.  He points at things and one of the big things on the walls are doors, so he gets "door" back to his pointing, questioning gibberish a lot.  Today you can point to a door, ask him, "what's that?" and he'll say "doooour."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Rolling back over.  Today she figured out how to get from her stomach back to her back.  It looked deliberate, but I wasn't sure if it was an accident until she did it again a little bit later.  She's doing very well holding her head up and pushing off with her hands.  Soon she's going to be mobile.

Right-size Countdown:  11.9 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment