Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gifts You Didn't Want But Love

Have you ever opened a gift and thought, "why would they send me this?" or "this isn't something I'd ever use."  But you feel like you should give it a try, because someone who cared about you took the time to pick the gift out, buy it, wrap it and give it to you.

Then, you discover the item is something you really love, something you couldn't do without, something you're going to go on the internet and make sure you can get another one for when you run out of, or break the current one.

My Keurig coffee machine is one of those things.  I really didn't want one, but my mother-in-law insisted we go to the store just after Christmas and get one because we were going to love it.  I do like hot drinks, even in summer.  I'm not a big coffee person, but it makes tea, cider, hot chocolate, as well as coffee for the people who like coffee, so I gave in and she got us one.

Now the cabinet below it is filled with the K-Cup options for beverages, the cabinet above has the mugs and that little corner of the kitchen is dedicated to the Keurig.  I even love the little blue lights in it that tells me it's ready to make me a cup of something hot and tasty.

Recently, we've gotten lots of baby clothes I thought I'd never like, only to find out I'm wrong.  Babies look cute in everything and it's fun to try new things on them.  For instance, I would have never bought my daughter an outfit with bell bottoms.  She can't even sit up, much less stand in them and look sassy.  But oh how cute she looks in them.

I don't always succeed, but I try to give gifts a chance.  I don't want to miss out on something I can't do without.

The Big Boy Update:  He's starting to pronounce more words, or at least trying to.  We're not surprised that most of his word attempts relate to food.  He's just over one and he's already becoming a "foody" too.  He likes to create his own taste sensations too, such as croutons dipped in salad dressing, then dipped in yogurt.  Or fajita chicken dipped in apple sauce.  He's a regular gourmand.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: She is growing hair, I swear.  Well, it looks like it to me.  I look at her head a lot because she's laying in my lap eating for good bits of time each day and it looks to me like her hair is getting long enough to stand up and move around.  It was about this time when her brother starting growing more hair it seems too.  We'll find out if it's going to stay white in a few months I suppose.

Right-size Countdown:  14.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment