Monday, March 26, 2012

Broccoli For Breakfast

Oh dear, I'm really getting into the diet if I'm craving low-calorie, tasty broccoli for breakfast.  I suppose that's a good thing though.  Better than craving a Cinnabon.

It's been five weeks and both my husband and I are doing well.  Neither of us have had a day yet where we've abandoned the diet and said, "I'll start again tomorrow."  We've had days where we suspect we ate over our targeted calories, but no cookie box-eating, ice cream container-consuming, bag of chips demolishing days so far.

Five weeks?  It hardly seems that long when I look back on it.  I suppose that's because we're making progress, and when you're making progress you're inspired to keep going.  That and spring is coming.  Correction, spring has already arrived if you take into account the clement weather, tree budding and pollen spreading action that's been happening here.

So, over half-way there and I'm still excited about the remaining half to go.  I have to thank my husband.  Without him and his willingness to do this with me, I'd be right where I started.

Today I go to a Running-start program.  Eleven weeks of running to hopefully go from, "Couch to 5K."  I'm doing it with a very fit friend of mine who's trying to get some of her friends into things she can do with them.  I don't know about the 5K.  But I am looking forward to getting some exercise.

The Big Boy Update:  Bad night.  Last night he wailed.  And he wailed.  And then he wailed some more.  We felt terrible for him.  Then my husband and I got cross at each other because we were both so worried about him.  The Benadryl wasn't helping to put him to sleep and he was still itchy.  He wouldn't eat because the sores in his mouth were so painful.  Eventually he wore himself out and slept until morning.  We hope last night was the worst night.  We'll find out tonight I suppose. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Last of the milk.  Today she drank the last of the frozen breast milk.  It's all formula from here.  She still shows no signs of my son's virus.  Nor do I.  I don't know that my milk could have had anything to do with her being protected, especially since she might be incubating the virus as I type this, but hopefully it has given her some immunities as a whole.

Right-size Countdown:  7.9 pounds to go

No comments:

Post a Comment