Monday, April 5, 2021

Oh Dear

Oh dear, I'm tired.   I'm supposed to have something to write about every day and today while a lot of things happened, none of them were particularly interesting and I didn't set out with this blog to just narrate my day.   So I'll explain a thing or two about the children and head to bed.

The Big Boy Update:  My son never liked to color.   Children like coloring with crayons, but my son didn't write well initially and didn't prefer to color at all.   Now, rather suddenly since this school year started, he loves drawing.  He found a book on birds that's more of an adult coloring book than a children's one and he's been meticulously coloring in the segments of each bird with the large color pencil set I got him at the start of the school year that he keeps in order of color in a cloth pouch that rolls up and keeps all the pencils organized.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came to me with a splinter today and instead of being panicked about it, she held her foot very still and I got it out on the first, painless try.   If she could have just done that the first time she got a splinter, it would have gone just as easily.   But fear makes us do interesting things, even if they're not in our best interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment