Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Five Pounds

Did I mention I've gained five pounds over COVID-19 staying-at-homeness, wearing sweatpants, eating snacks, and general lack of exercise.   I need to get serious and focus on eating better.  I was thinking this was going to be the week, but it turned out to be more like this: 


The Big Boy Update:  My son got in trouble with me tonight.   I told him to end his session on the computer, it was time for bed.  I went back upstairs to continue reading to his sister and when I went to his room to say goodnight I found him downstairs, listening to an audiobook and eating, well past his bedtime.   He was angry at me, threw a fit and wanted me to leave his room but I wasn't budging until he was in bed.   When he'd finally calmed down I asked him what happened and he had a good answer.   He was so upset I had him stop working on his design on the computer that he wasn't really able to listen to what I was saying.   It sounds like a thin excuse, but when he's mad, he's redline mad and in all likelihood he wasn't listening clearly.   We talked about how things could be different the next time.   That's the important thing, I told him, figuring out how we could make things better the next time. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been wanting me to read to her for a week or so now but every time we're about to do so, something comes up.   Today we planned for right after school but she had friends in the back yard when we got home so she opted for going outside instead.   I'm glad we got to read after dinner tonight before bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment