Friday, April 9, 2021

Audio Wizard

My parents just left after coming over for dinner.   I do so like it when they're in town and we get to see them regularly.  I thought my daughter might like to be read to from the library books she checked out.  She and I decided to do one thing first and then do some reading.   I would be writing this post and she would be playing a game on her father's computer while I typed. 

I am trying to write something here, but I'm finding myself distracted by the very interesting thing that is an audio game.   She has to have the volume fairly loud because she's listening to what direction sounds are coming from.  You can't fight ogres if you don't know from what direction they're attacking. 

The graphics are minimal and the animations are little to none.   But the sounds are just what you need.   There is an old-sounding wizard who is taking my daughter on a journey of adventure and battle through sounds.   I like it.   I don't think I'd be able to survive even one level with my ears alone. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't want to sit at the dinner table and eat.   He has this need to move that's hard to contain.   When we finally excused him he said, "I cannot believe that I am actually being excused.  I never thought it would happen.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter also didn't want to stay at the table any longer than required.   She complained several times but was required to sit until we decided they could go.   When we said she was free to leave the table she complained, "My butt is so numb."

No comments:

Post a Comment