Wednesday, April 7, 2021

72 Showings

The housing market is in a very strange place right now.   It's a seller's market in a way that just doesn't happen very often.   There are a number of factors at play, much of it that is in some way related to the complexity of a year we've had since COVID-19 lockdowns began.   The net result is if you're selling your house, prepare for a whirlwind.  

My son's preschool teacher is selling her house.   She was the first teacher my son ever had and we've kept in touch.   She and her husband decided to build a house and they've gotten to the point where the construction is far enough along that they need to put their current house on the market. 

They have worked long and hard to make their house look as attractive to potential buyers as possible.  My husband put the house on the market today at noon.   Tonight, after only half of a day on the market, they have 72 showings scheduled, which will begin tomorrow.   They also already have one offer, sight unseen.  

There is about one-third of the inventory of houses for sale that would be in a normal situation, which is contributing to the number of showings, but only to an extent.   I had a friend joke earlier that he was almost tempted to sell his house and go live in an apartment, it was such an opportune time. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son came to the basement after school to work on his typing at his computer.   I was watching a live stream about 3D printing on YouTube because my friend was in it.   My son came over and nicely said, "Mom, you know all those times you ask me to put on my headphones?  Do you think you could return the favor?"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My son's teacher sent home some special cream for my daughter's burned and scabbing arms.   As I was putting it on her tonight she said, "I call this one 'key'" because it's shaped like a key."  When you have so many scabs that you start naming them, you know it's bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment