Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Unknown Title

There was something I was going to write about tonight.   But I forgot to write it down at the time.   That is the most assuredly the best and highest chance of killing a great blog post topic for me—not immediately writing it down.   I don't need to write down much, usually one to three words as a mental trigger for when I sit down to write later in the day (because I rarely get to write earlier in the day).   Unfortunately for today,  I have no idea what I was going to write about. 

Oh, wait, yes I do!  The title of this post was going to be, "Ridiculous!" and the story was going to be all about the trip to get my daughter a pedicure today.   I was trying to come up with something we could do and while there are interactions with other people, the salon had a whole list of things you had to do and couldn't do while you were there. 

Everyone had to wash their hands for twenty seconds upon arrival.   Then we had to hand sanitize.   We weren't allowed to take off. our masks at all.   We couldn't use our cell phones.   We had to wash our hands a second time while we were there.   They wore masks, shields, and gloves.   They were risking their health to serve us, even though I looked at it from the other way around before I got to the door and read aloud their requirements to my daughter. 

She loved it.   She's been there before, but it's been a long time.  I told her she had been to the salon several times while I was pregnant with her too, which she thought was funny.   I asked her if she remembered the time we came to that salon several years back and I wasn't paying attention and she accidentally sat down in the water foot bath, thinking that was where the seat was and she was supposed to sit. 

She wasn't happy at the time and I wouldn't have let it happen if I'd been more experienced as a parent of a blind child.   Today, on remembering the event, she surprised me by being positive about the memory, saying, "Oh, I remember that.   That was ridiculous!"   She was outgoing and funny to the people in the salon (we were the only two there aside from the staff when until close to the end.)  She was in a good mood, was easy going about the colors, saying she wanted Halloween colors and could the lady pick?

She didn't mind when they asked her seeing questions like, "Did you see the red moon last night?"  She was regulated, happy, and friendly.   We had such a good time.   Now, if she can just wear some shoes from time to time, maybe the pedicure will last for a bit. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been reading by his own choice lately.   He's read to and from school, at school during reading time and when he came home today he even read for a while until he got to the end of the chapter.   Then, he did Spanish work.   All without being asked.    Who stole my son and replaced him with this replicant?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter washed her car for the first time today.   This is the, "Little Red Car" Santa got for her that was a free Tesla child's electric car toy from the referral program some time back.   She came and asked me if I knew where the porcupine scrubber was that used to be outside.   I told her where a scrubber was and she and her father cleaned her car in the complete and thorough way he cleans his own car.   It wasn't until later after dinner when I was cleaning up that I realized what she meant by porcupine scrubber.   It was a scrub brush that had spikey things around the edge.   She knows porcupines are spikey.   It wasn't a bad comparison now that I see the scrubber in that light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment