Saturday, October 24, 2020

Quiet

If it was quiet when COVID-19 shelter in home began around here, it's nothing to the total lack of sound that comes with the children being at Nana and Papa's for a night with the dog in tow.   There aren't any arguments between the children and the word, "mommy" hasn't been heard in hours.   The ding of the dog's bell at the front door hasn't even sounded.   

I'm not sure this is even my house, it's so quiet.   But dang if it isn't nice.   Tomorrow, we will be invaded by two children who are more interested in going to find their friends to continue whatever it was they were doing outside than they are at saying hello to their father or me.   Then there will be the dog, who will be overcome with joy to see me to the point that I have to calm her down after a few minutes by hugging her tightly for a few seconds. 

But for now, I'm enjoying the silence.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Tiny Tesla Update:  I went outside to see what the children needed to clean up before leaving for Nana and Papa's and found my daughter's little Tesla electric car with sticks stuck to the sides of it, pointing forward well beyond where the car ends, stuck to the side of the car with painters tape.   I went around front and saw Keira and my daughter and asked what was up with her car.   My daughter said, "Oh, the boys are weaponizing the car."  

Trying not to think of the cost of blue tape currently on and around the little car and focusing on positivity and support, I went to the front porch where my son and Rayan were and said, "nice work on the car.  It looks pretty deadly."  As I headed back to the garage my daughter told me, "he wanted to use duct tape but I told him he couldn't use it on my car."  Thank goodness for that, I thought.   Then she told me, "he was also going to use Gorilla Glue but I said he couldn't."   

The Gorilla Glue my son had come into the house earlier, brandishing it and saying it was the most powerful glue on the planet.   I told him he was in no way allowed to use it on accounts of how powerful it was and, more importantly, it was messy and whatever it got on was going to be stuck on there.   I was going to ask for him to hand it over but he left out the back door and I made a mental note to get it in a bit.   Before they left I asked my daughter about it again and she said it was in his pocket.   For a blind child, she knows a lot about all sorts of things.   I sure hope my son hasn't glued anything at Nana and Papa's house.  

Note to self: hide all Gorilla Glue before my son gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment