Saturday, October 3, 2020

It’s Like Christmas

My husband has been playing a lot of golf lately.   He was a professional golfer at one time but decided it wasn't what he really wanted to do a number of years ago and got his amateur status back.   He still enjoys entering into tournaments and this seems to be the time of year qualifiers are happening, because he's gone frequently these last few months.   Golf couldn't be easier to social distance as a sport so he either gets a cart all to himself or walks the course. 

He'll be in shortly from today's tournament he entered into with one of his golfing friends.   While he's been gone, my children have been busy doing different things, giving Blake and me a day off from child management.   

My son has been playing Minecraft beside me and telling me all about the different, "mods" he's been adding to the world he's creating and playing in.   It's a good game in that it gives children the ability to create things similarly to how you'd build LEGO projects, only there are monsters you have to protect you and your land from.   That is, if you don't have Creative mode on and are a god in the game, having all resources at your disposal and being invincible.   My son is usually in Creative mode.    

My daughter is busily imagining things with Nora from next door, social distanced outside and Blake is doing something with fishing lures at the table in the basement.

I'm in the basement too, a location I didn't spend much time in until we got the 3D printer.   I'm working on settings to see how well I can print models.   I'm watching videos to learn new things about different filaments and all the while, I'm printing on the printer.   

I can't explain why I find it so fun, so exciting.   Maybe it's because it feels like Christmas every time I take a finished model off the printer.   It's a model I selected, in a color I picked out at the size I wanted to make it in.   I love it.

The Big Boy Update:  Blake went to Bass Pro Shop today and got my son a present.   He's been working on it all afternoon while my son has done other things.   Blake got a small tackle box and a few supplies and then went through his larger tackle box to find extra items and put it all in my son's surprise box.   Then he also got him his very own fishing rod.   My son went fishing with Blake a while back and loved it.   Now he has his own gear and can fish any time he wants.   My son was quite happy about it, although he was scared of having his own fishing knife.   He asked me to keep it, "until I'm responsible."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Nora came over to the back yard this afternoon and after a bit of playing, my daughter asked if she could bring out the American Girl doll things her cousin, Coco, gave her.   They played for the longest time with all the things, relocating to the front yard when it was getting dark in the back.   My daughter missed lunch and only came in when it was dinner time.   Tomorrow, they're going to continue their game of hair salon, chef, doctor, lemonade stand, and dead centipede undertaker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment