Monday, October 5, 2020

In The Closet

My daughter has moved again.   Perhaps it's just temporary—I hope it is.   Every time I go to find her lately, she's in her closet.   She doesn't have a large closet, but it is of the walk-in variety.   The total space is reduced by hanging clothes and shelves on the left and right side and a column of shelves.   

In the center of the shelves and hanging things there is a small amount of room.   My daughter brought in the watermelon pool float which is more like a flat, round bean bag than a pool float as well as pillows, blankets and anything else she needs to make a little bed for herself. 

To get to her closet you must first go into her bathroom.   In order to get more storage in the closet, we elected for a pocket door.  My daughter likes to go into the closet, lie on the blankets and watermelon float, slide the door closed, and fall asleep.  

She also unplugged the Amazon Echo Dot that's normally beside her bed and relocated it to the plug on the vanity in the bathroom.  If she wants to listen to music or her audiobook she keeps the door to the closet cracked so she can listen.  

I don't know why she likes the closet, but it makes her feel snugly confined.   I remember having hours and hours of fun in my closet as a child.   It brings back memories, seeing my daughter do the same in her closet now. 

The Big Boy Update:  My husband and I were talking about a political form I'd gotten.  I asked him if he wanted to fill it out for us.  My son piped up, saying "Papa likes filling out bills."   We laughed and told him this wasn't a bill, it was asking our thoughts on the upcoming election.   My son, nonplussed by this new information, forged on, saying, "actually, Papa likes filling out bills but he doesn't like paying them."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I found a sheet of typed braille by the front door this afternoon.   I asked my daughter what it was as she was coming in the door and she casually said, "oh, that's a prophesy I was working on.   It's heavily influenced by the books she's been listening to lately but all her own:

Hunters Books

3 half bloods shall feel the dark

to live or die the sky must fall

the sun will blaze on a hot afternoon

and to feel the sun afar away

and will have a life of pease but all brings death in the life of pife

No comments:

Post a Comment