Friday, October 30, 2020

Slept Confusingly Late

I just woke up and was confused in that way where you don’t know what time it is, but you know you must be very late to something indeed because of how groggy you feel.   I wasn’t feeling well before dinner.  My back was screaming at me.   I got in a hot tub of water, hoping it would help and my daughter, wanting to help me, went upstairs and wrote me a note on a sheet of braille paper in print to help. 

She cane downstairs and asked me if I could read what she wrote.   The page was completely blank.  There wasn’t a mark on it.   I told her I thought maybe she’d picked up the wrong sheet after going to get the string she was holding.   She looked confused, went back upstairs and came down ten minutes later with a second sheet, this time with writing on it.   

She had written the sign over again.   I think, well, we both think, the pen she was using was completely dry of ink and it made no marks on the page.   The sign said I wanted some privacy.   She had gotten a string from the craft room so I could hang it around the door on the knob.   She had found string somewhere, I don’t know how she knew where to look, but she always knows, always remembers after learning where something is once. 

The writing was hard to read, but it was legible.   She is getting better over time at writing, which is a lot about not writing on top of what you’ve already written both vertically and horizontally.   I got out of the tub and lay down on the bed and just woke up now, very confused at what time it was and was I late for school, only to find out it was almost midnight.

The Big Boy Update:  My son did his student-led conference with us today.   He’s been doing a huge amount of work at school and he seeing him deliver his conference let me see him in a more mature light than we typically do at home.  He was proud about telling us of all the work he’s done/ 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  More on this later, but tonight while my daughter was giving that sign to me she said, “I really want to see.”  She’s never said this before.  She uncharacteristically talked to me about it for a few minutes before changing the subject off her vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment