Sunday, October 11, 2020

The 3D Latest

What's been going on with the 3D printing?  I know you've been dying to ask.   I've been restraining myself from winging on every day about 3D printing this and 3D printing that, because—as my children love pointing out—I'm obsessed with 3D printing. 

I made a bubble gum ball container out of some clear filament that I keep in the mechanical room beside the printer:

You can see the individual levels of the print easily in the bubblegum vase.   I've been using a large nozzle and pushing lots of filament through with a layer height of .5mm.  It intentionally shows the layers, which I really like on some models. 

I'm still a big fan of vases and have even designed one of my own (that is less than spectacular, but it's mine).  Here are two more impressive vases as well as a tiling gecko puzzle I'm printing using progressive color filament.  Blake likes the "shark's tooth" vase on the left.   I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it's grown on me.


There's a creator who created one cup design per week for an entire year.   I love the variety and creativity in them.   And yes, there is an ear in that one cup in the middle.   There isn't a matching ear on the other side.   That's the most unusual cup of the bunch.    The materials I'm printing them with are food safe so one day, after COVID-19 is over and we can have other children in our house again, maybe I'll let them pick which cup they prefer.   I wonder if anyone would pick the ear cup?


As I write this, my husband is working through a 3D design instructional video on his computer.   Blake even got into the game and created his own first 3D designed and printed model yesterday.   I know my children are saying I'm obsessed with 3D printing, but I'm not the only enthusiast in this house.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Bite and Scratch Report:  My children were at Nana and Papa's overnight and all was going well until today when my daughter annoyed my son so much that biting (him) and pinching (her and possibly him) happened.   Discussions are being had.  They are eight and nine, they should know better.    Maybe I bit and scratched other children when I was younger, but I don't remember that I did.   I was an only child though and this behavior seems confined only to their relationship and not with any of their friends. 


sdfsdf

No comments:

Post a Comment