Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Curly Hair

I have curly hair.   Or, more accurately, I'd say I have frizzy hair with a splash of curl.   My hair is long right now so perhaps the frizz is less than normal on account of the weight of the hair, but I'm not so certain about that.  The frizz seems to have a strength that defies any amount of hair weight. 

I've been having keratin treatments on my hair for years.   This magical process makes it possible for me to have non-frizzy hair—which is something I've wanted my entire life.   I wash and dry my hair and then (and this is the part that might seem counter-intuitive) I curl my hair.   I don't curl it so much as flat iron it and add a bit of curl to the ends in the process.   It takes a while to get from clean, wet hair to the final product of smooth, soft hair with a bit of curl, but it is so worth it.  

I can easily go for four days with my hair done in this fashion and barring rain or humid weather, my hair looks mostly the same throughout this time.   In the last two weeks though, I've tried letting my hair dry as is.   This normally ends up with an undesirable product but I discovered something that made letting my hair dry naturally a solution that looks good: I go to sleep with my hair wet. 

I hate getting my pillow or bedding wet, but if I sleep with a folded over towel something happens overnight that lets the hair dry with some curls but doesn't let the frizz completely take over.   It's a change without doing much different, save for taking less time to do my hair.   

I don't like it as much as the soft, smooth, and straight hair, but it's good to have options. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son and I were talking about Halloween in the car this morning and I think he summed it up when he said, "Halloween seems very half-hearted this year."   People, parents, still aren't sure what to do.   We aren't decided on what we'll be doing ourselves. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Blake was on the phone with his sister, Shane, earlier today.   Shane got on speakerphone and asked my daughter how Blake had been while staying at our house.   She told Shane, "he's annoying and hilarious and mean and reasonable."

No comments:

Post a Comment