Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Tangina Effect

I loved the movie Poltergeist when I was younger,   I still love it, as well as the second and third movies, but the first was always the most frightening and intense to me.   It’s my kind of movie.   It’s horror but there’s sciency stuff that goes on as the paranormal investigators try and determine what’s happening in the house.    There is goo (you have to love a movie with goo) and a strange, short, clairvoyant lady that helps to save the day.

That little lady’s name was Tangina.   She was colorful character, to say the least.   She was strange and yet comforting and motherly to the family, suffering the loss of their youngest child who was trapped inside the television.    There’s a point later on in the movie when the little girl is saved from “the other side” and everyone in the house is reeling from the paranormal experience they just lived through.   It’s at that point that Tangina, with her bunned hair in complete disarray, says, “this house is clean” with a large, self-satisfied smile.

I like to have the house cleaned up before going to bed at night.  I like to put everything back in order and have things prepared for the following day.   It is only when I’ve gotten the house “cleaned” that I can truly relax, get in the tub and then head to bed.    Some days when it’s taken a lot to get the house back into its clean tidied and clean state I think, “this house is clean” and head off to the tub, thinking of Tangina.

(And as a post script for those Poltergeist fans out there, the house really wasn’t cleaned at all, was it?   Hopefully our house will never implode on itself after we get everything orderly at the end of each day.)

The Big Boy Update:  We went to the State Fair this weekend.  My son wanted to see the map of the fairgrounds my father-in-law was holding.   He looked at it for a bit and then asked Grandpa, “can you show me where step one is?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter made our bed this morning.   She can’t see well, but she can function in many ways far better than you’d expect her to.   She pulled the sheet up and then pulled the comforter over the top of it.   She pulled our pillows up to the back of the bed and rested them on the headboard.   Then, she went over to the chair and got each of the pillow shams and placed them in front of our pillows.   She called for us to come and see.   I was honestly impressed at how well she did.

Fitness Update:  Six miles running this morning in thirty-six degree weather.   I had to find my hat and gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment