Thursday, October 29, 2015

First Sleepover

My children had their first sleepover this past weekend.   It was with their good friend, Gavin, who was in town visiting with his family.   His one sister had a birthday party sleepover to attend and his other sister and parents were going to a wedding.   He, however, was available and we were all very excited to have him stay over.

We had fun during the day and sushi for dinner and all three children were excited about the new 3D Mario World and Mario Maker games on the Wii U.   Conveniently enough, the Wii U was in the bonus room where the three of them were going to sleep.    Gavin has his sleeping bag with him but my children didn’t have one themselves…only they did, because I had gotten them “indoor sleeping bags” for lack of a better name because they’re just glorified blankets that zip up.

They were both pretty darned excited about those sleeping bags.   We got them into the room at a reasonably late hour, hoping they would settle down quickly (they did not) and that they would then sleep late (of course they did not.)

But they had a great time.   They weren’t worried in the least that the room was different or they weren’t in their own beds.   In fact, they loved the sleeping bags so much they slept on the floor in their room the next night so they could sleep in them again.  

Thanks to Mimi for letting me give an early present to them as those sleeping bags were from her and Gramps.

The Big Boy Update:  My son carved a pumpkin tonight.   He had selected his own, small pumpkin at the patch we buy them from each year and when he saw my husband carving his, he wanted to be involved.   He described what he wanted the face to look like and my husband drew some samples on a scrap of paper until he understood what my son was looking for (angry with fangs).   Then, my son used the mini saws to help cut out the triangle eyes, nose and help with the jagged mouth and fangs.   The pumpkin is lit now on the porch and looks pretty good for a four-year-old’s work.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The prednisone is at a quarter of what it was initially, but the IV solumedrol steroid and small dose of oral is still having an impact on her weight.   She’s not raging hungry anymore, but she eats well.   She’s gained over four pounds since her eye situation started.   That’s four pounds onto her not quite thirty-pound body in two months.   It’s a lot of weight for her size, but we’re hoping her eyes will benefit from the medication and the weight won’t matter long-term.

Fitness Update:  I did four miles of run/walk/weight running today.   I wonder if I’ll be as sore tomorrow as I was last time I ran with weights?

No comments:

Post a Comment