Monday, October 19, 2015

Not Sleeping On Stripes

Do you remember the post I wrote some time back about the tragedy (yes, tragedy) occurring in our house with the tear in our sheets?   The sheets that were twenty-years-old I couldn’t bear to part with?   The sheets that provided such supreme softness and coolness to the touch I couldn’t imagine any new sheets meeting the grade.     Well, I’ve been proven wrong—and I’m glad about it.

Uncle Bob came to town a few weeks ago with a gift of sheets for the bed in the guest room.   When he realized the bed was queen-sized and not king-sized he told me we could use the sheets for our bed.   I put them away and planned to not use them.    Then, only two weeks later when Uncle Bob returned, he brought another set of those same sheets, only this time in queen size.    I helped put the sheets on their bed and I was suddenly interested in the sheets for our bed.   They were soft.   They were amazingly soft and smooth and cool.   I needed to put them on our bed that night and try them out.

The next day I shamelessly messaged Uncle Bob, asking if he could bring a second set of the sheets in king size for his next visit.    I have officially retired the old, striped sheets.

Thank you, Uncle Bob!

The Big Boy Update:  Coming home from school today my son was thirsty.  I suggested he drink some water from the water bottle that goes to and from school with him.   He told me, “my water bottle is low on batteries.”   I told him we’d refill it when we got home.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   We have had solar panels installed on our roof in the back of our house.  We’re waiting for final approvals before the system is turned on, but even before the system is operational, my daughter has a good grasp of how they worked.   When someone asked her about the solar panels the other day she said, “the workers put them up.  They take power from the sun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment