Thursday, October 1, 2015

I Feel Like One Big Blob of Worry

I try not to worry about my daughter’s eyes, but it’s very hard some days.   I heard the above saying from an article I was sent and it does sum up how I feel sometimes.  

But not all times.   My daughter seems happy, although we worry she is harboring stress and anxiety she’s not letting us know through avoidance techniques and overall not wanting to talk about the situation.

My day has taken over my night and I’m plain short on time so I’m keeping it short tonight.  And I am fine almost all of the time.   It’s just sometimes when the worry creeps in between the cracks and blows open a wide chasm of worry.   But not today.   Today has been good.

The Big Boy Update:  One of the acoustical songs from the Frozen soundtrack came on the other day.   It was rather ominous sounding.   My son said, “this sounds like a worry song.”   Then, he listened a little more and said, “and a hurting song.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is definitely seeing things, although she’s not been focusing on her vision lately because it’s so poor.   But last night just before bed she opened the door to the porch and as she walked outside she said, “Mom, I’m seeing the darkness.”

Fitness Update:   I didn’t think it was going to happen with the dire rain weather predictions.   That, coupled with the scheduling nightmare my friend and I have had trying to get together, but we did get to run today.   We didn’t think we could wedge it in, but we made twenty miles before I had to dash to the school for a little substituting at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment