Friday, October 9, 2015

Seventh Marathon

Guys, guys, guys, I’m tired.   We did a trial run for our upcoming marathon in November today.  If you had asked me five years ago or any time prior to that in my life if I’d ever run a marathon, I’d tell you you were crazy.   To date, I’ve run in three marathon races and have run an additional four marathon-distance runs during my training for the runs.    I can’t believe it when I think about it, and yet, I seem to really like running.


Today’s run was more challenging starting out than I expected, but I worked into running after about ten miles.    My neighbor started having difficulties in her calves and legs from what seemed like a buildup of lactic acid.   We had to stop for about ten minutes so she could drink a lot of water and stretch out her legs.

All in all, I’m tired, but I should be able to run the marathon in a month.

The Big Boy Update:  Did I mention my son can be completely sucked in by anything television?   He is currently watching a princess pony thing on our friend’s daughter’s iPad.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:    My daughter was waiting in the driveway for me to come home from my run today.   We came by, but we had another mile to go so I told her I’d be back in a little bit.   Sure enough, in the twilight (it was late) my daughter was standing in the yard, waiting for my return.

Fitness Update:  26.4 miles.   Tired.   Going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment