Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Floor Mat Phone Call

I made a phone call today and was yet again, so in awe of the wonderful service Tesla Motors gives to their customers.  

To start off, there was a problem with the floor mats.   It was’t a big problem, in fact it was a problem I’d had with more than one of my BMW cars, but it bothered me.    The mats themselves were fine, it was the way in which they were expected to stay in place that was causing the problem.  

There were four things in play:  the mat, the velcro fuzzy part, the velcro prickly part and some adhesive.   The adhesive was the failure point in the system.   The mat was fine.   The pokey part of the velcro on the bottom of the floor boards was fine as well.   It was the round fuzzy disks that were attached to the bottom of the mats via some adhesive that weren’t holding up over time.    They were sliding and then bending and then sticking to other bits of the fuzzy part and not doing the job they were designed to do.

This wasn’t a problem though, all I needed were new round, fuzzy disks to replace in the spots the old fuzzy disks were on the bottom of the floor mats.   I’d had similar problems with my BMW mats. I called the service center and as I was dialing my husband said, “we need to get the tires rotated too if they can help with that.”  

I got on the phone and was told if I could bring in the car sometime today they’d be glad to rotate the tires.   And about those mats, yes, that was a problem but it was covered under warranty and they’d exchange our mats for new mats the didn’t have that pesky adhesive problem.

New mats?   Because of a little glue issue?   I asked, incredulous, but he said yes, the mats shouldn’t have had the problem and they would be glad to replace them.    By three o’clock in the afternoon we had our tires rotated and completely new mats in the car.

I’m glad I made the phone call.

The Big Boy Update:  My son observed tonight at the dinner table: “you guts are just babysitting me for a very long time.”   Never was a truer statement said from a child to their parents.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter went to the pediatrician today.   We had her persistent butt rash (is that polite to say?) checked.   Our favorite doctor, who is just a delight to see, gave us some direction and medication to hopefully help.   It’s going to be a trick to get rid of the rash because of the immunosuppressant and steroid medications she’s on.   Fortunately, my daughter isn’t bothered by the rash at all, even if it looks frightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment