Saturday, October 3, 2015

Prednisone Reduction

Despite our concerted efforts, my daughter has gained over two pounds in the past two weeks.   We have been fighting the side-effects of the oral steroids, one of the five corticosteroids she is currently on.

I have been diligently dialoging with her rheumatologist about an alternative to the oral prednisone she is on, which is causing behavioral, mood and hunger issues.  As of today we are reducing her dosage by half, and will hopefully remove the oral steroids moving forwards.

The Big Boy Update:  A phrase I find myself using with my son frequently of late is, “the future of XXX depends on your curtesy.”  My son’s courteous response has been a much-repeated topic of conversation of late.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:    My daughter has been crossing her eyes a lot lately.   I asked her eye doctors about it and they’ve said it’s okay and not hurting anything.   I’ve asked my daughter about it and she says it feels good, so I’m ignoring it for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment