Friday, October 2, 2015

Teach Them to Cook

My next-door-neighbors have two children we like to have sit for our children from time to time.   Both their son and their daughter are much loved by my children.   I’d go so far as to say they may prefer them over us some days.  

One of the things I have been impressed with since they moved beside us is their ability to cook.   Both of them not only are able to prepare a meal for our children, they both like to make them something to eat.   

When my children are older, I hope they’ll feel comfortable making a meal for themselves and others.    My husband is with me on this, we plan on teaching them to cook from a young age. 

The Big Boy Update:  No reference for this other than to say my son said it unprompted during the middle of the afternoon when he was eating snack:  “when I was in Mommy’s tummy I was jealous.” “Of what,” my husband asks?  “Of her burping.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter’s vision is getting better.  I think?  I hope?  I think it’s “I think” and not “I hope” but since we’re seeing small improvements, it’s hard to tell.   One thing that broke my confidence today for quite some time is a statement my daughter said after I’d picked her up from school.   I knew one of her teachers wasn’t at school today because she had called and asked if I was available to sub (I wasn’t.)  My daughter said, “There was a different teacher at school today because I didn’t hear Miss Timmie.”

No comments:

Post a Comment