Friday, October 30, 2015

Cow Girl

We went to “Movie Night” at a friend’s house tonight.   My children, husband and I had a great time. We left early because both children were tired and we had plans to go to a costume party once they were asleep.  

On the way home I tried to figure out what I was going to go as.   I had a costume for Halloween proper, but that costume involved a set up at our front door and wouldn’t make sense alone.   I fretted and then I figured out I could go as a cow girl.

I had boots a friend had given me.   I had a hat I wore once each year.  I could put on jeans and a leather belt and I could tuck in a button-down shirt.   I could also affect an attitude and a swagger.   I was going to be a cow girl.

I’m glad we went to the party.   We saw some of our neighbors and had fun conversations about the holiday tomorrow and the costumes we were wearing.    Tomorrow, I’m going to be infected.   Don’t worry though, I’ll be handing out “antidotes” in alcohol form to the adults during trick or treat time.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was struggling with control issues this morning.   He didn’t want the vitamin on his plate.  He wanted it back in the pantry and then brought out to him.   My husband picked up the vitamin and did an “invisible” returning of the vitamin to the pantry and back to my son’s plate.   He was having none of it though.   He grabbed the vitamin and said angrily, “I’m gonna do it the old fashioned way” and headed to the pantry to return his vitamin to the bottle.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The corners of my daughter’s lips are cracked.   This afternoon she said to me, “mom, can you give me the chop sticks?”  It took a bit to figure out she was asking for ‘Chapstick’.

Fitness Update:  I ran two miles today in a fun way.  I was substituting at school and I’d heard it was eighteen laps around the school yard for one mile of distance.   I turned on the running app and told the after school children to join me if they wanted to run a mile.   We had fun counting laps and figuring out how close we were to a mile.  I had several students make the mile with me.   I had two other students ask if we could run again a short while later.   The three of us ran a second mile.   It turns out my watch and phone think fifteen laps is a mile instead of eighteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment