Monday, June 10, 2013

The Rain Walk

After dinner the other night we had time to kill before bed.  My daughter decided she wanted to go outside, which is what she wants to do most of the time.  "Fine," I thought, "she can see how fun it is to go outside while it's raining and I opened the door."

She happily went outside, climbed down the stairs and went to the playground.  The rain wasn't bothering her a bit.  My husband then had a great idea.  He said, "let's go on a rain walk!"  It was nice weather, the rain was soft and warm and it would be a fun family activity.

So off we went to get rubber sandals for the children and headed out to the front via the garage.  My daughter was happy to be holding daddy's hand in the rain as she walked with him towards the road.  My son, not so much.  He stood at the edge of the garage and said, "I stay here."  I told him to come out in the rain and that we'd have fun.  He stepped out, stepped back in and said, "it tickles."

So, I asked him if he wanted to ride in the plastic blue car.  Of course he said, "yes," because no child in this house turns down an invitation to be driven around in the blue car.  

The duration of our rain walk wasn't long as it was nearing bedtime and the rain soon became more intense and therefore less enjoyable to be out in.  But we had fun and we saw one of our neighborhood friends, Laney, who at twenty-months-old is the happiest child in water of any fashion.  We met her as she was dancing and clapping her hands in her front yard with her father.

The Big Boy Update:  "E3 Hype Train!"  Uncle Jonathan kept the children today while my husband and I attended a Board of Adjusters hearing down town in support of our school.  As it was the first day of E3, Uncle Jonathan was busily watching coverage of the new technology announcements.  He got my son involved by yelling, "E3 Hype Train!" to which my son would yell back, "Choo Choo!" while attacking a large pillow.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Greasy hair.  Her hair normally isn't greasy, but tonight it is.  I added a little too much moisturizer oil to their bath by accident.  Not to worry, I'll just use the spray nozzle and wash their hair while they sit up.  That went fine until later when my daughter decided to dunk and redunk her head in the oily water.  Dry, her hair still looks wet.  We'll have to wash it again in the morning because it's pretty crazy looking tonight.

Someone Once Said:   Life is filled with tragedy; if you let it overwhelm you, you cannot enjoy life’s innocent pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment