Friday, June 21, 2013

Does Anyone Need More Legos?

If you've ever played with Legos, you know they're virtually indestructible.  In my entire Lego-construction career from childhood until yesterday as I played with my children's toddler-sized blocks, I don't remember ever destroying a single block.  I don't remember seeing ruined blocks at friends houses.  If man were to suddenly cease to exist from the planet, would Lego blocks be the last remaining evidence of our existence?

Which got me thinking, why do we need more Legos?  This is mostly because we have several families that have offered to give us their Legos including the table and carrying cases or containers or anything else because when something is this sturdy, high-quality as well as fun, you don't generally sell it or throw it away.

And yet the Lego business seems to be thriving.  There is even a Lego store in the shopping center down the road.

The Big Boy Update:  iPad Bad.  He rarely gets to use the iPad.  I have it hidden and it comes out once about every two weeks.  He recently found where I was hiding it, so I now have a new, less-reachable location for it.  Why is the iPad bad?  It's bad because he will never leave it once he has it.  It is a far better baby sitter than television.  So we save it for special occasions or times of great need.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Treating the dog.  Yesterday, I showed her how to give the dog a treat by holding her hand open and letting the dog take it gently out of her palm.  She would have kept feeding her for hours, one piece at a time, she was so happy about the whole process.

Fitness Update:  It was calf day at the gym.  We didn't tell him we have a twelve mile run planned for tomorrow.  I hope our little legs can make it. 

Someone Once Said:  The unexamined life is not worth living

No comments:

Post a Comment