Saturday, June 8, 2013

Out-shopped

It's girls weekend and my girlfriends and I have invaded my parents mountain home.  They are kind enough to let us do this once per year.  This year, they have even offered to take us all to dinner at the club.  And while this sounds like a delicious option for the evening, it also involves dressing appropriately for the occasion at their country club.

Truthfully, we each had clothing that would have been acceptable given that we'll be eating in the casual room downstairs, but it gave us an opportunity, one as ladies we embraced fully--we could go shopping for more clothes today!

So shop we did.  We started the morning right with pedicures to get us ready for a full schedule of merchandise browsing, dressing room trying-on and credit card swiping.  We're back at home now and we have a different problem: we have too many clothing options from which to choose now.

I'm a fairly good shopper, but I got out-shopped from all directions with my friends.  Maybe I just wasn't in the mood?  Or, maybe I kept thinking of my "one out, one in" rule for the clothes in the closet.  I'm left with zero free hangers currently, so anything I buy today will mean something to be retired when I get home.

The Big Boy Update:  Sleeping in a twin bed.  He slept in a twin bed with some added railings last night at Nana and Papa's.  He did very well I hear and even enjoyed the whole experience.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Teacher babble.  I spoke with my son's teacher today and she mentioned that for the last few days of school, the doors between classrooms were opened and that my daughter came over to see her.  Apparently my daughter said lots of things to Elim, but Elim wasn't able to figure out what her babble meant.  Finally, she told her where the potty was, which is a good thing, because my daughter can go about every ten minutes.

Someone Once Said: It does not do to encourage bad manners; one should retaliate, urbanely but firmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment