Friday, June 7, 2013

Lily of the Valley

Before going to sleep last night I was playing a game on the iPad where you look for items in a scene and then you have to do something with those items at some point in the future.  The genre of games is called, "hidden object" but it's evolved so much over time that more of the games are far more reminiscent of the game "Myst".  You move around through scenes and have to determine what to do to solve puzzles and make things happen.  And, from time to time, there are hidden object scenes included. 

So, it was on one of these scenes when I had to find an object called, "Lily of the Valley" and I wasn't sure what it was.  Well, I was sure I knew what it was, if only I could remember what it was.  I knew it was a flower that was small, not a bushy kind of thing.  It wasn't garishly colored and it seemed in my mind that it wold be delicate.  But I didn't know what it looked like.

When I found it, the thought "high school dances" came to mind and I realized when I'd seen the flower in the past.  They would be on my corsages the boys would give to me before we'd head off in our fancy clothes to stand awkwardly around and possibly dance at those school dances.

Funny how our mind makes connections and we have to backtrack to figure out why that association's there.

The Big Boy Update: "A B C D E F G, next time won't you eat food."  That was my son's version of the ABC's song yesterday.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Macaroni and cheese.  This is a food she loves.  Her brother doesn't seem to care much about it, but she will eat two platefuls.  We don't give it to her often enough for it to become an obsession (I know, you're thinking about the Chickenfries issue) but it's always a good way to get a big meal in her.

Fitness Update:  Workout in the gym with our trainer this morning.  It was a tough morning in that he had us do more, "awkward exercises".  Those would be the new exercises he throws at us that we just don't seem to be coordinated enough to get at first.  Laughter ensues.  Then, daddy and I went to the fitness room and spent some time on the machines there while the children were at school for the last day of the year.

Someone Once Said:   I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment