Monday, June 24, 2013

Nothing to Complain About

That was going to be the name of this blog initially.  I felt like having a title that indicated no complaining was welcome or expected here would help keep me in line in my mind.  So far, it's gone fairly well.  Yesterday, not so much though.

Before I even wrote my first post, I thought about my potential readers.  I fretted about them.  Honestly, I'd rather just be writing to myself here.  The thought that someone actually reads what I write is cringeworthy most days because I don't think I'm interesting or well-written.  But people do read this and they keep coming back for more blog-punishment.  I suppose there's no accounting for taste.

Still, I didn't want to use this blog as a vehicle to complain about my life or my friends or my shin splints or anything really.  I couldn't imagine why someone would want to read my blog if all I did was complain. 

Since creating this blog I have written several posts that were nothing more than complaining posts.  I was angry or I was upset or I just needed to get something out.  In all cases but one, I deleted the posts after I had written them.  Yesterday's I'm going to let stand.  Not because the post was that important.  It was a little thing and I just happened to be writing a blog post right after it happened.

I'm going to let it stand as a reminder to myself that I'm not here to complain.   Maybe it'll make me think before posting something negative in the future.

The Big Boy Update: Selfish.  I know we're all born selfish.  But we've been working on this with my son for a while now and it only seems to be more of a challenge some days.  He understands we mean it when we ask him to give a toy back or share, but he doesn't have that level of consideration of his own yet.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Here, you have it.  She will give her brother something if he complains loudly enough about it.  She hasn't entered into the "mine mine mine" age yet.  That, or as the second child, she has a different perspective.

Fitness Update:  3.75 miles today.  Not much but in the plan to train for a marathon, there are a lot of short run days, so I suppose that's okay.

Someone Once Said:  Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment