Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Sensed a Scolding

I asked my husband a question. He told me he didn't know. I gave him a funny look and asked him the same question with more details and clarity. He said he wasn't sure.   I gave him my most incredulous look and said, "you do this thing I'm asking you about all the time, I'm asking you what you do when you do it". He insisted he had no idea. 

He knew what he did. He didn't want to tell me. Up being pressed further, he said "I sensed a scolding". Apparently in that case, you just lie. Is this a relationship communication tactic that's suppose to strengthen your communication going forward?  

I've seen this with my mother too. I don't understand how lying to the person for the single, sole purpose of avoiding conflict accomplishes anything; especially when the person you're lying to knows, and you know, that its a straight-up dodge tactic.

I find it offensive. Am I that terrible a person to deal with that obvious avoidance tactic lies are the best route to deal with me?

The Bog Boy Update:  Physically aggressive.  At a birthday party today he spent time with an older boy in the pool. This older boy was very aggressive physically. My son loved it. He loved the pushing and shoving. He loved being dunked under water so much that he threw up after swallowing too much water. I hope he doesn't turn out that aggressive when he's older. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  slip and slide. Our neighbors got a slip and slide today and we were invited over to play in it. My daughter thought it was great fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment