Monday, January 23, 2012

This Is My Life

A day of freedom...  I didn't realize it was so until last night.  My life is two children, a husband and all that a family entails.  I'm happy with my life.  I knew it was my life, but I got to think about it more when we had an offer from Uncle Jon and his mother, Kathy, to take care of both children all day today.  We got a very appreciated day off.  Sometimes a change for a day can help you reflect on what you have.

While I packed last night for the children I did some thinking.  It's amazing how much stuff two small children need.  My daughter, at ten weeks, is fairly easy.  My son, at thirteen months, needs more stuff.  Uncle Jon is on the way home with them now.   From the text messages and pictures I got through the day, it appears to have gone well.  What a great gift, a day off.  We cleaned out the garage.  We ate out all by ourselves, we relaxed and did nothing. 

I know some of the time that I'm a wife.  Sometimes though, I seem just like the me I was many years ago.  I know also that I'm a mother of two.  Other times, it seems hard to believe I'm any different than the person I was two years ago before I had my son.  Having a day of freedom from the children was a good way to remember what it was like before.  And to appreciate what I have now.

Today is also the one month anniversary of starting this blog.  I said to myself I'd see if I could keep it up.  If I could manage it for a month, I'd let a few people know.  First, my husband, who's already discovered it and has been reading it for a while.  The second is my sister-in-law, who inspired me to get around to finally writing something down.  The third is our best friend, Jon, who is just returning with the children now.    It's been somewhat comforting to know I can write here and no one may ever read it.  I guess those days are over.  I'll try to be non-boring, maybe even somewhat interesting.  Game on.

The Big Boy Update:    Fun at friends.  He likes people.  He's not shy.  We encouraged him to interact with people and not be attached to either my husband or me.  Hopefully he had a great day today in a different home.  I'll get to hear updates soon.  I don't get to see him come home often other than from errands.  I wonder if he'll be excited to see me?


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She waited until morning for her meal last night.  She woke up around seven, but she didn't appear that hungry.  I helped her go back to sleep and she woke up right before her 9AM feeding time.  At that point, I was very ready to nurse her.   That's two nights of twelve hours of sleep.  She's exceeding my expectations.  She's such a good girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment