Saturday, January 14, 2012


Something Good With Something Bad

Have you ever tried to eat healthy and then the healthy thing you’re integrating into your daily diet gets completely ruined because you pair it with an unhealthy item?  I had a craving for rice cakes recently.  The boring, plain, un-flavorful  disks in a stack.  Yeah, those.  They’re low in calories, don’t have added sodium, and are nice and crunchy. 

Last night, the only thing I could think about before I went to bed was rice cakes with cream cheese.  Not the better-for-you cream cheese bleh stuff, but the real, unadulterated plain cream cheese in the block that’s used for things like cheese cakes and on bagels for non-dieters.   The weight of the layer of cream cheese was probably more than twice the total weight of the rice cakes.  But boy was it good.  

I’m doing okay on weight loss.  Not dropping the pounds like I want to, but I’m not going up.  I’m stabilizing my diet, which means getting a good balance of cravings, caloric intake, healthy food and exercise needs.  It’s a work in progress.  It had better be a work in successful weight-loss progress. 

The Big Boy Update:  Friends came over for dinner.  The wife is someone I trust to give me good, honest baby advice.  She laughed a lot at my son and said he was funny.  I sure hope she means normal, silly baby funny.  She assured me he was doing all sorts of things babies at his age do.   She also gave me good advice on eating habits and how to teach him to feed himself.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Tired and hungry day.  She ate three meals today in one setting.  None of the eating a little and then deciding twenty minutes later she’s still hungry.  Five ounces in one go three meals in a row.  But we couldn’t get her to stay awake between meals.  Hopefully she’s not going to be up all night.  Last night she went from 10:00PM to 5:30AM which is a new nighttime sleep record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment