Monday, January 2, 2012


I Can’t Find My Stuff
(and that’s annoying)

I like to know where all my things are. Last year, wait, two years ago.  Well, two December’s ago, we moved a week after having my son.  It was so busy moving in and adjusting to life with a baby that I didn’t get a chance to do the complete unpacking and organizing that I would have liked to do.  Then, I got pregnant again and was put on limited activity on account of a somewhat shortened cervix.  That ruled out moving boxes around in the attic for a while.  

Now I’m not pregnant, and stairs don’t completely wind me.  So I’m back on the attic.  I’m back on lots of things that need to get organized.  It perturbs me when I can’t find something I know I have somewhere in the house.  When my mother-in-law asked if I had something for her trip to India and I said I did and I’d be right back with it and then twenty minutes later I realized I had no idea where it was, I resolved to start back on the attic.

I’ve spent a good amount of time unpacking over the past two days.  I’ve found a lot of things, including what my mother-in-law needed -- now that she’s in India and my finding it is totally unhelpful.  The more I unpack, the more room I have in the attic.  I’ve been finding things I can get rid of as well.  It's always a good feeling when you can purge some unneeded stuff in your life.  

There is a lot more to do, but it’s going to be fun getting it done.  I do like to organize, but that's a topic for another post.  Today we went to and got some new bins we’ll use to combine some things into or replace broken or wrong-sized containers.  Tomorrow -- Christmas stuff organization (contingent on the children napping at the same time.)

The Big Boy Update:  He bit me.  Three times.  Hard.  Perhaps I shouldn’t have kept trying to brush his teeth with the little rubber finger thing after the first two bites.   His teeth are growing in in such a strange order.  He’s missing a front tooth in the bottom, but he’s got two sub-molars completely in.  Those are painful when used to bite down on your fingernail.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Stretch that stomach.  This week is stretching/bridging week.  We’re trying to get her to eat, eat, eat so that she can go four hours between meals and have six meals each day.  Next week, we start to slowly eliminate two of the meals at night.  I’m anxious about making progress, because you can’t get her to finish a meal in one short setting.  She'll grow uninterested or fall asleep.  Changing her and doing wake up-type things doesn’t seem to change her mind.  But fifteen minutes later she’s crying “where did the food go"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment