Wednesday, January 4, 2012


I Need a Belt!

I have to say first that I feel I’m getting redundant with my posts about what’s going on in my post-pregnant life.  Yeah yeah, I’m trying to lose weight and dealing with lack of sleep like all new moms.  And I know that’s got to be dull and boring to read about.  So I’m making a resolve to limit my posts on body and baby topic in the future. 

I do have a lot I want to talk about; lots of things that were main reasons for me to start this blog.  Things like punctuation, and how I’m not even sure if I correctly used a semicolon in the last sentence.  And writing.  I’ve wanted to write something for a long time.  Not a big Dan Brown-type novel, but a book, maybe for children.  And I’d love to write about the idiosyncrasies of the English language and how we speak it.  So, in the future, I’m going to focus more of my posts on the less physical, and the more mental. 

But for now… I need a belt!  I was heading out today and realized the hip hugger pants I’ve been wearing weren’t going to stay up on their own.  I was running late but I ran to the drawer, the one I thought used to have belts in it but that I hadn’t looked in for several years, and I grabbed my trusty leather belt.  I had to suck in to get to the first hole.  Devastated.  But wait… that was a belt designed for non-hip height jeans.  There is hope!  And indeed, when I found the correct belt, it did the job as expected.  I’m also just barely under my pre-second pregnancy weight.  Soon I’m going to start some exercising so I can keep up the weight loss momentum until I get to my goal (by spring, darn it.)

The Big Boy Update:  He really doesn’t like the word “no.”  He dislikes the word “NO!” even more.  But then again, what baby does.  We’re trying to redirect him to something else when he gets into something he shouldn’t, but it’s hard to redirect when he just pulled your hair and then laughed.  Or bit your knee with all his might.  But in this house, babies don’t get to win when it comes to “no” and their safety.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I’ve had to bridge her to the next feeding in the middle of the night twice now by bringing her into the bed with me.  I am not a proponent of sleeping with babies.  It’s fine for those that want to do it, but I prefer the children to have good sleeping habits in their own beds.  So hopefully this is a very short term thing to get her into her full night sleep.  Good news, she’s gotten into the four-hour meals even better today.  I think we’re going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment