Saturday, January 7, 2012


Missing Las Vegas

This isn’t meant to be a spot to complain.  A blog in which I rant.  Pity Party central.  I’ve got a lot going for me and really nothing to complain about.  In fact, that was going to be the title of this blog initially, “Nothing to Complain About.”  It’s hard to write a negative post when the title of the blog should negate all opportunities for whining.  

That said, gosh I miss Las Vegas.  We use to go several times a year with a group of friends.  Those that would go would vary each trip, but we’d have a nice crowd each time.  We’d spend time with different friends at gourmet restaurants or gamble together or go to shows or just walk around.  The atmosphere in Las Vegas is just electric (literally) and energizes me. 
 
I’ve been missing it not because I haven’t been in so long; I went while I was pregnant with my son and I got married there the year before.  I’m just not sure when I’ll get a chance to go again, even for a weekend.  Children are great, but they take up lots of time.  So it’s more that I’d like to go and am not sure when I’ll get to go again that makes me miss Las Vegas so keenly.

The Big Boy Update:  He was nice today!  We went to a party for another one-year-old today.  He’s not been around that many babies all at one time and usually he tries to grab at them rather rudely.  He doesn’t mean to be rough, he’s just lacking in fine motor skills at this point.  But he was nice.  Friendly even.  Maybe the walking around helps; he was so interested in seeing everything he spent most of the time walking from room to room and meeting everyone. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We reviewed the plan for night sleeping and realized we’d forgotten several key elements such as trying to keep her awake during the 5-9PM block so she’ll sleep well after her last meal.  We also decided to relocate her to her bedroom upstairs from the master for all naps, and shortly, for nights as well.  She tried out her bed for a nap this afternoon.  She seemed to like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment