Monday, March 6, 2023

Watches For Money?

My producer has been closing business for us left and right.  Why I didn't hire someone before now is beyond me.   I suppose it isn't that simple.  I didn't think about finding someone to help out with the business side of things for a while because it didn't seem like it would make sense.   But boy does it. 

The initial thinking is that you're paying someone to try and close business for you.   So you have to make their cost on top of whatever else you're doing.   The thing is, I wasn't doing a good job of closing business  mostly because I hate that side of things.  I didn't feel like telling a company they should pay us for something.   

Companies wanted to work with us.  Lots of companies did.   But they weren't going to up and offer to pay us money without us asking.   And I was just not interested in saying what a good job we were doing or these were our rates or any of that.  So the overall money we were bringing in was less because I was asking for money less frequently.  

I had lots of messages on the various social media platforms and via email from companies that wanted to work with us, that I needed to get back to.   And my producer is on top of them all.  He likes doing this bit where he says this is what we're doing, and these are our rates.   He's really good at saying the right words, and companies are responding.  

He closed multiple things today, one of them, and the reason I'm writing this post tonight is because a company is going to pay us three hundred dollars to talk about their 3D printed watches in a one-minute video.   They'll mail the watches, we try them on, talk about them, return the watches, paid in advance.  

Amazing. 

The Tiny Girl Shoe Shopping:  My daughter said her shoes were falling apart.  I took her to the Sketchers store today.   The shoes looked a little like she needed the ones in the adult sizes.  I gave her a six.  Too small, she said.  She is wearing the same size shoe that I wear.   What?!  

The Big Boy Deception (Again):  Does my son think we are morons?  He is the worst at hiding when he has a screen.  His subterfuge is just abysmal.   He lies and thinks we don't know.   I suppose it's good he isn't better at the deception.  

No comments:

Post a Comment