Thursday, March 9, 2023

Home Alone Is Okay?

We left my son at home this morning because he was sick but we had a meeting at a cabinet place.  It's an odd thing.  I don't remember the time before I was able to be at home alone without my parents.   I know in high school I would be sick and my parents would let me stay home while they went to work.  

It didn't seem odd at the time, I was sick, they had to work.   It was nice sleeping in and not having to do much.   The next day there was always a lot of catching up to do.  Was it worth it?  I suppose it depends on how sick I was. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't seem to mind being left home alone.  He was up before we left and locked in at the couch with an iPad and the television on.   He had a phone he could call us with but he didn't call.  He answered when we called about lunch and said thank you and was very sweet. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has a lot of homework to do tonight, but when she got home, she went straight outside to play.  That's a good thing, but she forgot her homework assignment yesterday and the Mantis on which she needed to do it.   Today, she has a lot to catch up on.  I wonder if she'll be doing homework in the car in the morning again?

No comments:

Post a Comment