Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Happier Home

My husband is a wiz with things.  Some things, not all things, but he's pretty good at whatever he sets his mind to.   In this case it was to make a very specific configuration for the Guinea pigs.  I've been rearranging their cage situation since we got them, watching videos online and trying to find something that would be the most comfortable for them, give them a lot of moveable space, would be easy for us to come see them, pick them up, feed them, etc.  And be easy to clean.   

We're going out of town and I need someone to watch them for a week and it's going to be a lot to ask someone to pick up lots of poop from your darling little creatures—every day.   It wouldn't be so bad if I could tell them to take everything in the cage and dump into a laundry bag every three days and I'd clean it when we got home.    But there is still the issue of all the cleaning up of hay, poop, pellets, etc. around the cage.  

I had the height at a good level, but the sweeping and cleaning around things has been a real pain.  This new situation will be so easy to clean because it's solid PVC walls with two foot depth.   They will love it because it won't hold smells and no one likes lingering smells. 

I'll take a picture when it's all done (hopefully tomorrow) and then ask if our neighbors would be willing to watch them while we're gone.  I am going to miss the little guys. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son went from having no friends and worrying about not having friends to having five or six boys coming over to play with him all the time.   He seems very relaxed about the whole thing, which I hope means they are all communicating well.  They use all the special words of the day, and sometimes I have no idea what they're talking about.  They all seem to get it though.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was bored today.  I would have gotten on her case for not trying but she told me she'd talked to not one, but three friends around us.  One was at her mother's for the weekend, the other was out visiting family and the third was doing something with their grandparents.   I'm sorry.   She made it through most of the day before saying she was bored and could we take her someplace because she was SOOOOO bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment